Ian Rowe Authorised and Regulated Consultant
Ian began his career in financial services in 1993, qualifying as an adviser in 1996. Specialising in advice to recipients of personal injury awards since 2004, Ian joined the team at PFP in 2007 where he has headed the personal injury trust team.
During this time Ian has advised on all aspects of financial planning relevant to compensation recipients, creating bespoke solutions to balance a wide range of objectives and priorities over a claimant’s lifetime. These include:
- Investment and management of awards on behalf of Deputies, Trustees and individuals;
- Protection of means-tested State Benefits and statutory funding for care;
- Securing of additional means-tested support and statutory funding where there has been a misapplication of the regulations, including acting in an advocacy capacity in Upper-Tier Tribunals;
- Financial protection against the loss of a family carer;
- Estate planning to protect means-tested support in the event of either receiving an inheritance or leaving a legacy to loved ones who may need to protect their own entitlements; and
- Protecting second properties both in the UK and abroad from means-tested assessment.
- Involved in providing specialist independent financial advice to recipients of personal injury awards since 2004.
- These have included road traffic accidents, clinical negligence, birth and fatal claims along with professional negligence awards in respect of under-settled or mismanaged claims.
- Awards have ranged from less than £10,000 to over £10million.
- Portfolios established on behalf of claimants have included Periodical Payments, Unit Trusts, Open Ended Investment Companies, Government Stocks, deposit based investments and liaising with Discretionary Fund Managers and individual stock brokers.
Following an accident in November 2007 I was introduced to Ian Rowe from PFP approximately 6 months later. Since then PFP have been able to offer first-class advice on how to set up a personal injury trust, and then manage it over the coming years.
The advice has always been easy to understand, logical and entirely appropriate to levels of risk etc. Investments have been presented in a clear and concise manner, review documentation easy to understand and digest, and any changes necessary provided in a timely fashion.
I would have no hesitation in recommending the services of PFP to anyone if they are faced with a situation similar to mine.
Ian Rowe and PFP are our go to trusted experts for financial advice for our clients. The client care is excellent, Ian and Richard make the complicated seem simple.
Over many years, Ian Rowe has provided prompt and timely advice to many of my Clients, often in cases where it has been appropriate to set up a Personal Injury Trust. He has frequently taken the time to visit my Clients at their homes, at whatever time has been convenient to the Client, with a view to providing detailed but clear independent advice to enable the Clients to make a decision as to how best to proceed.
In the past, some of my Clients have commented upon Ian’s pleasant and pragmatic manner and others have commented upon his willingness to go the extra mile, as and when any issues have arisen that required his early intervention.
For many of our catastrophically injured Clients, Richard Cropper of PFP provides us with extremely comprehensive Viability Reports, which are of enormous assistance when Clients are seeking advice in relation to the most appropriate form of award e.g. whether a lump sum basis and/or periodical payments. His professional input is often invaluable, particularly in the run up to Joint Settlement Meetings or Trials.
We have known Ian Rowe for nine years, he has always dealt with us with care and attention. Ian is always very professional. He is always one step ahead regarding our investments and his forecast is spot on. Ian is very good at listening to our needs for this year and for the long term. He makes great decisions regarding our investments.
Personal Financial Planning has provided financial support and understanding over the past few years for my husband’s injury trust. They have at all times provided a comprehensive and holistic approach to his needs, been mindful of his limitations, and worked within his capabilities of understanding. The whole team at PFP are always friendly, helpful and knowledgeable, and provide a service that is accessible and supportive. Ian in particular has always taken time and shown patience in making sure we both fully understand exactly the financial aspects and implications of any advice being given, whilst making sure any recommendation is relevant, clear and concise. I would highly recommend the financial service they provide.
I needed an injury specialist Independent Financial Advisor/consultant. Nothing anywhere explained what to do, what there was and how they can help you. So many websites and companies, no references or guidance. PFP was recommended by my solicitors. I was frightened of putting my money somewhere that it shouldn't be and risk losing it, I needed someone to listen, give reassurance, respect, confidentiality and support.
Ian Rowe went through the process, my questions and options. It was all so daunting. The main thing was that I was advised to open a personal injury trust for the money to be protected straight away from means tested benefits.
We discussed what happens, my needs for the future options of funding, investments, stocks and shares, financial levels of risk, short and long term goals, the benefit system, wills and more. A portfolio was set up covering everything.
I have annual reviews to discuss and show where my money is, income, expenses, costs and a running total, followed by a plan for the next year and more, dependent on my needs and any changes. Ian has been thorough, honest, gained my trust and respect.
I have been with the company now for over 7 years and would recommend them to anyone who has a personal injury claim and awaiting compensation that needs to be put somewhere safe. They are there to protect you and your money.